Thursday, September 6, 2012

Teacher gift is finally done!!!!

Wanted to get something for my son's 4K teacher because he is such a handful and she is so patient with him, she deserves something awesome!!! So I decided on a pencil vase came out costing me about 5 bucks...I bought 2 20 packs of cheap pencils at wal mart $.63 a piece...also got abc ribbon from wal mart too...it cost 1.00 for the whole spool!!!
So then I ventured over to the dollar tree and found a perfect vase and small picture frame. I also picked up some fake flowers to complete the look. I then very carefully hot glued the pencils on the vase very close almost touching each other I just glued the top and bottom of the pencil. Pardon my lovely leg picture lol
Once all those are finished and glued tightly together, I then cut some of the awesome ribbon and tied a cute bow around the pencil vase gluing it at the bow and the back to keep it in place! You could probably glue it all the way around but I was running out of glue lol
I then just took a sheet of printer paper cut it to size and decorated it with said teachers name...replaced the paper and hot glued the back of the frame to the pencils so that it can still stand but is stuck to the vase as well. Inserted the flowers and this is the cutest little (I'm sorry my son is a butt hole) gift! ;-)
Since my son was so unbelievably bad at school today and I had to pick him up early I think she will be delighted to get this little gift tomorrow! SixSistersStuff.com

14 comments:

  1. Love the pencil plant holder! Cute idea. :)
    New follower from the Hoppin Weekend Blog Hop
    Have a great weekend!
    Julie
    http://juliesbits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SOOOO much for the follow and I've followed you back as well!

      Delete
  2. This is really cool.

    New follower from
    www.crazystepfordwives.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow and I have followed you as well! I'm glad you like my teacher suck up gift lol ;-)

      Delete
  3. Very cool! I found you on the Blog Hop, I'm now a new follower. I'd love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com and Pinterest! I follow back all of my Pinterest followers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I have followed you on google+ so far but I am on the way to pinterest now lol

      Delete
  4. The pencil vase is an incredibly cute decoration and gift for a teacher. Thank you for sharing with everyone over at NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! And thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I love this idea! Great gift for teachers. Following your awesome blog from the weekend blog hop. Hope you can stop by and return the follow.

    Enjoy your Sunday!! Julie from Stlavonlady – Scatterbrained In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I have followed you back as well!!! Have a great sunday yourself!!!!

      Delete
  6. I love your idea to surround the vase with pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much going to do a crayon wreath next because they are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very, very clever! Certainly beats what I would have given her . . . an apple! Okay, so original, I'm not!!! ;) Thank you for sharing with us on NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much....lol thanks for the visit as well!!!!

      Delete