Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Classroom snack! Round #1

So my son has just started 4k and it has rolled up on his first snack day! I wanted to celebrate this little milestone by making a special snack for his class. His classroom discipline chart is fish bowls with named fish and the teacher judges who's fish stays in the bowl due to the child's behavior. So, with that said I decided to make "fish bowls!"
I just made the jello and poured equal amounts into these clear cups I found at the Dollar Tree {my fav. store} had to get 3 packs of 10 bc there are 24 kids in class.
With that said I put the cups into the refrigerator for about 45 minutes until the top was almost thick and slid two fish in each cup, I had to use a skewer in to keep some of the fish from falling over and emotionally scaring 4 year olds for life lol.
Once the fish were in I then placed the cups back into the fridge for the rest of the time it takes for the jello to set.
Now I know this isn't the prettiest looking project here but the 2 trays I purchased at the dollar store weren't the sturdiest things in the world so I had to insure that the cups wouldn't fall off while carrying them into the class. Anywho here they are in all there 26 cup glory! {2 for teachers} And my son is super proud to be taking these to his "friends"

20 comments:

  1. Those look really good I'll have to try & make them sometime :)

    thank you for following me on my blog site & I am returning the favor & following you have a great night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are genius! What a cute idea?! Thanks for visiting, returning the love GFC style!

    Kelly- http://partyofthreeroomformore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for returning the favor! And I'm glad you like the fish bowls :-)

      Delete
  3. This is an awesome idea! Thanks for having visited my site. Can't wait to check out some more of yours.

    http://forgetfulmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I really hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Awww! those are really cute! I can imagine how proud your son must felt while sharing them with his class!
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks for the return visit! Yes he was very proud to take them this morning :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! These little snacks are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fun! It would be great for a sea life theme. Thanks for stopping by. I am following you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and thanks a lot for returning the follow!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks my son really enjoyed giving these out in class!!

      Delete
  8. super cool idea - love the fish in the blue jello water - I bet the kids were in heaven - thanks for stopping by & following me - I am here to return the favor.

    Have a crafty weekend

    xo
    tina
    one crafty mess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow back! And enjoy your weekend as well!!!!

      Delete
  9. How fun! These would be perfect for a birthday party too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're right I didn't really think about that!!!!

      Delete
  10. wow this is such a fun idea. i wish i could say i will remember this for when my daughter is older but it's most likely i won't so I'll just admire it now before it slips from my mind. I bet the kids loved it !
    I am hosting a blog hop today over at my blog :-)
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and I'm so glad you love it!!!! I have visited and linked up on your hop!!!!

      Delete